Welcome Fibromyalsia Suffers

Many of us feel alone. The purpose of this blog is so we no longer will feel alone. Where we can share what we have learned and vent what we wish we could change.

Monday, December 27, 2010

My battle today

I have been loosing weight. This is all due to a new med called Savella and diet and exercising.(which I found helps) I have lost 50 lbs. Yes I am not ashamed to say I was a 5ft woman who was 215 lbs. I am now 165 and have 30 to go to be at a healthy weight. Well with my heart scare and coming down of meds the gym was not going to happen, not right away at least and Christmas...Well sure a couple pounds crept in.  So I got up this morning waited for meds to kick in and went to the gym. I did some weights and walked on the treadmill with an 3incline at 2mph. My heart rate stayed at a good level. The doc said keep in the 130's to 135 range which I did. I felt great stretching those little legs of mine. I got home little fleggles but none to be worried about and with this surge of energy I cleaned my bathroom and got the kids doing there chores...if they hoped to see the light of day.

Here is where I might have regretted it. I take a shower and pain comes in like a tsunami. Where is the icy-hot, heating pad and my bed. Luckily my husband took kids to see a movie and shopping. so I got a nap in. So I feel well rested but the pain will not cease. I think I tried and epically failed...,this is my negative side but...by positive side says at least you got into that gym and that bathroom will no longer gross you out. I'm going back tomorrow and the next and the next I have too. I want to get healthy again. You know I used to care what my body looked like but after 2 kids scores of surgeries. The positive thing to do is not look at that but work on my inside. My self esteem and self worth....I need to ask myself how do I look in those areas. Lately not so good. I've made mistakes and am paying for them but I know if I try things will work out..

My fellow sufferers lets not give up. We can't let this take our lives over even though it has in a lot of ways but lets grab a hold of what we can and run with it. Try Try Try is all I ask and If you are a spiritual person...It is all your Heavenly Father asks of you. Keep your faith alive if not with a higher authority but keep Faith in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment