Welcome Fibromyalsia Suffers

Many of us feel alone. The purpose of this blog is so we no longer will feel alone. Where we can share what we have learned and vent what we wish we could change.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Beating Myself

Oh this is a tough one to write. I have realized something that I have been doing to myself making my situation worse, making my suffering harder. What am I talking about......

Let me start at the beginning. I have always been my own worse critic, the one to beats myself up when I make a mistake or forget to do something. I think stupid stupid stupid. I should haves all day long. I don't make mistakes... I can't make mistakes! How unrealistic does that sound? VERY! I didn't even realize I was doing that and how crazy it all was to expect nothing but perfection. So................

When I began to have symptoms and all the things I used to do to be that Super Mom had to be put to the side. I began the beating. I had nothing but time to think. I would think I was inadequate. I was not good enough to be valued or loved because I wasn't doing my part. In a sense pulling my weight.

I have been stricken with something that can't be explained and continues to remind me of it's presence. I have made it worse the illness has been hitting me physically but I have been hitting myself psychotically and emotionally.  This is not my fault. This is not a sin. I am not making a mistake. It just happened.

OK! IT IS OK! I AM OK! I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted. It is time to reteach my mind. I am perfect the way I am. I do what I can...as much as I can & that is OK...that is down right fabulous. I will learn that the positive is the best medicine. The most important thing I will relearn is the love that my Lord Jesus Christ has for me....he WILL make up the rest. 

1 comment: