Welcome Fibromyalsia Suffers

Many of us feel alone. The purpose of this blog is so we no longer will feel alone. Where we can share what we have learned and vent what we wish we could change.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meds-Trying Herbal

Ok so I had a pretty bad week. I thought will I every have relief....will I every have a moment of peace in my body. As I take the medications I take ....I thought they are not even working....why am even taking them and I started thinking what else can I try. I thought of different suggestions I had been given through the years and the only thing that came to me to do is going Herbal. I must say at the same time I thought "ya right...herbs so not going to work". I also remembered growing up, my parents went herbal all the time...So why not.

I looked on the Internet and  looked and looked and looked again. I don't know what I'm doing but hey than again neither do the doctors.LOL!  Ok realistically I can't just stop taking my meds. Ok what is working?? What is not working or can do without??

 I take "Savella" this is specific for fibro treatment and yes it has been working. Ok not ashamed but I take Prozac...its hard to have this and not get depressed. I also take Xanax because of sleepless nights but this ones known to be habit forming. Last but not least Vicodine because hey the pain its 24 /7,  but then doesn't always work.

Keeping the Savella, researched that St. Johns Wart is a anti-depressant. I've taken it before when it was that time of the month came along and it worked great so why not now. Prozac out! Melatonin (natural Sleep Aid) so xanax out I've weaned of  that. Last "Turmeric" according to all I've read its been found to help with immune health specifically the brain and since we have been told that fibro may be triggered by the brains misperception of pain and movement in the body...I looked further and found that is some cases has been used to help people suffering from fibro with there pain management. So started to wean off of Vicodine and taking this.

Am I crazy..... Maybe????!!!!  What do you think! Have you tried going herbal. Am I just setting myself up to run myself into a wall???? Don't Know! What I do know is what I'm doing now is not working. I'm either in pain cause that day they decided not to work or I'm out of it(Drowsy) because all the meds worked but all have the side effects of drowsiness.

I've gotta try to get myself back. I might fail, but then again I might not. I do know I will never give up. This is only day 1. Stay tuned for updates on how its going.

No comments:

Post a Comment