Welcome Fibromyalsia Suffers

Many of us feel alone. The purpose of this blog is so we no longer will feel alone. Where we can share what we have learned and vent what we wish we could change.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I BEGIN TO HEAL

What is Fleggle-Hammer? Fleggle-Hammer means "pain". I give this credit to my best friend Katie. I Facebook. I was up early, as usual, and took my meds waiting for meds to kick in, so I post, I am tired of saying the word "pain" I need a made up word. My Friend suggested this silly name that means nothing. I loved it.  So when I say it I smile and laugh because of how silly it sounds.  Trying to turn a negative to a positive. So that is the short history of "FLEGGLE-HAMMER".

I am Monica. I'm 35 years old. I suffers from fibromyalsia. In other words they don't know whats wrong with me.  It all started April of 2007. Thought I had the flu. Never went away. Fleggle-hammer intensified and became unbearable. I didn't sleep. I didn't eat. I couldn't even get out of bed. Luckily I was a stay-at-home mom. Unluckily I was a stay-at-home mom. After many doctors, tests, and meds(that made me gain 65 lbs), My family moved. It's 2 years later.
We moved back to our place of birth so I returned to my doctor that we loved. I end up seeing his daughter. She is so young....but she knows her stuff. She finally diagnosed me.  She listened to me. We found a new drug "Savella". It seams to be working along with other meds I take and I can live my life pretty mush interrupted. Just at a slower pace. I even started going to the gym and in the last year have lost a total of 37 lbs.


So why am I am blogging now after 3 1/2 years of pain. I had an interesting encounter with a person who suffers from arthritis. This person has suffered since he/she was a teenager. He/she is in her/his forties now. This person apparently was tired of reading my post about  my bout with fleggle-hammer. In there opinion I should suck it up and forget about it. I will get nothing from sharing this Fleggle-hammer. I will just get people tired of me and loose my friends. Well as you can probably assume I lost this friend/family member. I thought "NO!"  I will not stop. This is what is on my mind. This is what is always on my mind. I clean with this on my mind. I make dinner this is on my mind. I take my kids to school it is on my mind.....well you get it.  I know talking about it will not cure my illness. I figure mind over matter..I talk about it...my mind deals and if I blog it...I may help some people out while helping my self out too.

My hope is just that hope. Hope for a test that solidifies the illness and a hope for a cure. My hope mostly lies with the people around us. I want them to acknowledge it. I want people to know that there is not this mass hysteria of people making up this fleggle-hammer.  It is very real for those who suffer from it.

My day today good. See improvement. Had some fleggle's here and there but not enough to stop me. As I type my ring finger on my left hand is fleggling. So I consider it a good day.

I am a person of faith. So I end with a prayer for anyone who reads this. Anyone who suffers as I do. I pray that we will find peace.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I had no idea all of this was going on while you lived here.... shows how much the gossip train travels out to janesville.

    I hope this becomes a source of help for you sometimes it is good to vent and let the feelings out rather than bottle them up inside. I have a friend here in janesville that has fibro she has flare ups but deals with it fairly good I should try and hook you guys up it might be good to talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is great! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poohsweetie go back to the post. I asked for alternative names to use instead of pain. Not a very cold. "just forget about it." I was trying to make this negative into a positive. In order to deal. Thats all. That comment was just the staw that broke the camels back. My feeling where hurt. Felt you were trying to shup me up but I just couldn't do that. I would have hoped you would repect that. BTW I didn't say you were a mean person. I said your comments were and have been mean. It just so happens I love you. Did you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will someone help me out here. Poohsweetie, I just can't get through to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it Monica.
    So glad I could help you. I hate being so far away and not being there for you.

    ReplyDelete