Welcome Fibromyalsia Suffers

Many of us feel alone. The purpose of this blog is so we no longer will feel alone. Where we can share what we have learned and vent what we wish we could change.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LIMITATIONS

So I am up! Woken up by the usual fleggle-hammer. I do my usual until my meds kick in. I check my email, facebook and now blog messages. I begin to realize how my evening went last night. I didn't eat dinner. I fell asleep telling my husband I'm sorry. As of late I have been out spoken of 2 very big things in my life. Things that touch me to the core. One is my Fleggle-hammer the other Is my Father. Which both of them have been under attack. I have voiced my opinions and concerns my bluntness and honestly and in turn surprised people in my lives that probably didn't think I had it in me. I guess I expected adult type responses and an agreement of disagreements but it was not so. The more I spoke the more people seem to come at me with double the force than the last time. Which brought up my last topic of venting. I still believe all I said but sometimes its just as affective to realize.... There is only so much we can do. The Following is a copy of my Facebook post from this Morning:

"
is thinking of everything that has been said in the last few days. I feel like I'm fighting some great battle to save the Universe. Like in one of those Sci-Fi movies But the truth is its not worth the argument. I have surprised a lot of people with my opinions and how I have been outspoken. I just really believe in the messages I want to send out. I want those people out there to know that although it seems that I am being unreasonable, I do respect your side of things I do. It wouldn't be fair for me not to. I just wanted to say that I will say no more. it's literally stressing me to the point its is affecting me physically and that in turn affect my family. They are more important to me than any opinion or cause. Stress triggers it the fleggle-hammer aka pain. I am no good to my family if I debilitated So before it gets that far..........Sorry for any hurt feeling. Truth is I truly love all those in my life past present and future. "
 
I then think of the past few years. How I realized that I have limitations. Things I could do before that I can't now. I have been humbled. I used to keep my house spotless, now I'm lucky to keep it looking decent. I've traded a paying job for a job focusing on my relationships children and my husband. I spend more time with my church and calling as Young Woman's secretary. I have realized dinner can come and be made by more than one person in my family left over night happens a lot in my home. So do I sit and linger on the fact that I am far from being super mom.(IF SUCH A MOM EVEN EXISTS) I'm good with just being mom and wife. I realized my relationships with my husband and kids is mush more important that anything else.
 
So how do I accomplish this....Yes you guessed it....by knowing my limitations, not hitting my triggers and just walking away from the fight. Oh don't get me wrong I will not stop blogging but the battles I face with other people right now I must walk away from for the sake of mine and my families sanity.
 
Keeping peace in my life is today's issue's. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but all I know is trying my hardest, I will. Continue to bring peace to you all and myself. I'm sure going to try.
 
Remember everyone Limitations do not mean failure. It just means you were strong enough to put your priorities in check.

1 comment:

  1. How to realize those limitations and go by them is a whole other story. I admire you. Guts, determination, wit... the whole 9. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete